Dr. Peter Heathcote
President Elect Urological Society of Australia &
Senior Urologist Princess Alexandra Hospital and Australian Prostate Cancer Research Centre.
I was born and raised in Brisbane and completed my basic medical degree at the University of Queensland. After an intern year in Cairns Hospital, I then worked in Longreach for two years before starting general surgical then Urological training in Townsville, then Brisbane. After completing Urology Speciality training, I spent further time in Cardiff, United Kingdom and in Toronto, Canada.
I am an Adjunct Professor in the Australian Prostate Cancer Research Centre Queensland (APCRC-Q) School of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Health at the Queensland University of Technology.
University of Queensland
- MBBS 1976
- FRACS – UROLOGY – 1985
- Post Graduate Fellowship in Reconstructive Urology, Cardiff UK – 1985
- Fellowship in Urologic Oncology – Radical Prostatectomy – Toronto – 1986
Australian Health Practitioner Registration Authority – Specialist Urologist
Urologic Surgeon with a special interest in Cancer of the Prostate, Bladder and Stone disease With my Colleagues at Brisbane Urology Clinic we established the first Robotic Prostatectomy program in Queensland after travelling to the United States for training. Our team at Greenslopes Private Hospital performs several robotic prostatectomies a week and we are now developing further uses for the robot including partial nephrectomy and other major urologic surgery.
- Australian Medical Association
- Urologic Society of Australia and New Zealand
- American Urologic Association
- The Society of Robotic Surgeons
- The Australian Brachytherapy Group
- Societe internationale d’urologie
Current Hospital Appointments
- Princess Alexandra Hospital
- Greenslopes Private Hospital
- Brisbane Private Hospital
- Rockhampton Mater Private Hospital
- Chairman, Robotic Surgery, Greenslopes Private Hospital
- Chairman, Medical Advisory Committee- Brisbane Private Hospital
- Examiner, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Inaugural Member, Best Doctors Australia and New Zealand
- Urologist, Australian Prostate Cancer Research Centre Queensland
- Mentor in Robotic Surgery, Device Technologies Australia and New Zealand
Tel : 07 3830 3310